Sunday, May 16, 2010

Its been a while!

We have been so busy over the past few months that we didn't even have time to blog....here's a recap!

Kolby played basketball for the first time this year.  It was fun to watch him learn and improve over the course of the season.  His funnest game was when he was passed the ball at the end of the game and he put the shot up and "swish" at the sound of the buzzer.  The crowd went WILD!!  That gave him quite an ego boost because to hear his side of the story, he faked this way and that, and put the shot up over everyone for the "game winner"!

In Feb we had parent teacher conference.  Kolby is outstanding in all the areas in school, except for one slight problem, said Mrs. Cowley his 1st grade teacher...he is a little "chatty".  She said "It doesn't matter where I move him in the room he always finds someone to talk to!"  Hmmm I wonder who he takes after in that department!

Feb 13th we had an extended family get together with my Mom, sister, and brother Clint and their spouses.  We went to a play at BYU called 1000 Cranes.  Those of us that found parking earlier were able to hear half of the play, the ones that were not so lucky in finding parking heard the last 5 minutes of the play, "997, 998, 999, 1000 cranes"!  Note to self, the play 1000 Cranes is only 1/2 hour long, so please do not be late!  Dinner was good though, we ate at the new Texas Roadhouse in American Fork.

Feb 17th is my birthday.  I thought I would be putting my birthday on the back burner because we had a mother/daughter date in Activity Days in our ward, which is the biggest activity of the year.  I was mistaken because by the time I got home (45 minutes later than I told him I would be there) Casey had thrown me a surprise birthday party. 

We had family and friends, lots of food and even decorations!  Thanks also to Gwen for making such a cute cake!


March was a busy month for us too.  On the 5th Casey's parents came down and spent the night with us.  Steve finally (2 years later) made good on our bet and bought me my steak dinner.  I won the bet by being able to fit into my pants from high school when I was 30.  Good thing I didn't have to try them on after we ate!  We went to Ruby River in Sandy and it was REALLY GOOD, but not fat free!

In March Casey also started taking the kids on dates.  He took Kolby to a Utah Grizzlies game at the E Center.  They had fun even though the Grizzlies lost, it was the first hockey game for either of them, but judging from how much Kolby liked the fighting it may not be the last.  Casey also took Shelby to Trafalga in Orem where they road on the XD Theater ride and also played miniature golf.
March 20th I had a girls day shopping in Park City while Casey took the kids for bowling and pizza with Grandpa Ivan and cousins.

March 26-29 Casey and I had a night off.  For my birthday Casey gave me some ski boots and a coupon for a night in Albion Idaho and a day of skiing at Pomerelle.  We dropped off the kids at the Bradshaw's and headed up the Albion for dinner.  Then we stayed at the little cabin/motel for a no kids night.  We slept great without being woke up once, I feel bad for Joy because she said she didn't get any sleep all night because she was worried the kids might cry and she wouldn't hear.  The next day we skied at Pomerelle which was really fun because it had been years sense either of us had hit the slopes.  We got back from Idaho in time to meet up with everyone again the next day for the annual Bradshaw Jazz game.  This year Casey took Kolby and Shelby, I decided Chase was too young and Cooper too tired for us all to go.  They had fun and the Jazz actually won which was good.

April 3rd was the annual Apricot Place Cul-de-sac Easter Egg hunt.  The kids loved it of course, especially Cooper.  Once he would get an egg he would want to eat the candy right then instead of looking for more.  Chase had lots of fun too, he didn't really know what was going on, but that still didn't stop him from squealing and being dang cute!  We all got lots of candy which we will enjoy for most of this year.



For Spring break we tried to do something fun each day with the kids.  We went swimming and to Boondocks, but unfortunately for them, we also had to go to the doctor and the dentist.  Kolby had to go see the doc about his asthma.  He is doing fine, we just wanted to get him re-evaluated to make sure he still needs the medication he takes.  The doctor still thinks he will outgrow it, but he still needs to keep taking his inhaler every night.  We also took the 3 older kids to the dentist for checkups.  We found a pediatric dentist in Lehi that was very good.  The kids actually had a good experience and they each got spin brushes so now brushing their teeth is fun!

The last big thing in April was Shelby's birthday on the 21st.  This year we just had a family party and we went swimming at the Legacy Center pool.  We had a great time, she is getting really brave in the water!  She got lots of cool presents, but the favorite was a salon station just like Mom's and her new bike which Kolby rides because Casey still needs to buy a part to put training wheels on!  She also got a pop up tent from Grandpa Ivan which she carries around everywhere!  For her cake she decided on a butterfly which turned out pretty cute, but it was a good thing I took a picture of it when I finished it the night before because some little fingers got a hold of it before the blowing out of the candles took place...

May has been just as crazy as all the other months.  Kolby and Shelby have been in soccer and Casey is Shelby's coach.  He says he can coach 4 and 5 year olds, but once they get any bigger they know more about soccer then he does.  They both love to play and this year Shelby is more aggressive and actually tries to play instead of just flirting with the boys.  Cooper wants to play so bad and he sees Dad out on the field so he thinks he should be too.  It makes it hard on me to hold Chase and run after Cooper!  After both kids games, I am exhausted.  Kolby is fun to watch, he is a fast runner and is always right in the middle of the action.  This year his age teams are starting to learn positions and that has been fun for him, he likes to be the aggressor, so staying back in defense in not is favorite, but he is good about doing whatever his coach asks him.

This past weekend our town Saratoga Springs had a boil water order.  Both Chase and I have been sick for the past couple weeks with stomach issues for the past couple weeks and it turns out this is the reason.  We are still a little leery of the water, but supposedly it is safe to drink again.  Casey also took Kolby and Cooper on the Fathers and sons camp out for the ward.  Casey didn't want to take the camp trailer for one night, but it was raining so that changed his mind.  The subdivision is making some changes to the lot that we store our trailer on so we had it parked next to our house, Casey took out the phone and cable boxes when he pulled out.  This is why we need to live in the country so we have more room to park things.  Needles to say we are parking it on the street until the trailer lot is ready!

Chase is growing up so fast!  He is crawling everywhere and is pulling himself up on things.  His favorite thing to do is stand up in his crib and cry instead of take a nap.  His favorite thing to say is Mommommommom.  He is also getting more teeth.  He has his two cute little ones on bottom, but he has 4 poking through on top which makes for a sore mouth, and it also makes him drool like crazy.  He has a darn cute smile and a fake one which he does this big cheesy grin which makes everyone laugh as he says Iayyyyyyy.


If you live anywhere close to us, you have probably seen Cooper baring it all.  He sees the older boys playing with their shirts off and so he thinks he needs to do it too, but with Coop he is an all or nothing kind of kid so before long he is usually running around in his birthday suit.

Funny story...the other day I was watching my sister in law's home birth on the computer and Kolby came in and watched for a minute.  He said "Mom, does it hurt to have a baby?" and I said Oh ya!  He said "Man I am so glad I am a guy, I do not want to do that!"

May also has two of my favorite things, Mothers Day and my yearly hair show.  Mothers day was really nice, I got to sleep in and had breakfast made and then was showered with hugs, kisses, and gifts!  After church I got set apart for my new calling as Relief Society activity planner (formally known as enrichment leader).  When I got home dinner was being prepared for me on the BBQ.  What a great day!

My hairshow was a blast.  It is always fun to see the new trendy cuts, colors, and styles. I hope Shelby will let me do some new cute up-do's on her.  I still have to tell almost everyday how lucky she is that her mom knows how to do hair and she should let me do what I want to do to her hair.  She's just soooo opinionated.

1 comment:

Katie said...

1000 cranes... aw, such good memories. :) Great update. I've been a blogging slacker lately. I'm thinking I want a perm like you suggested... got any time to do it for me?