Thursday, January 22, 2009

My husband, my hero

January 2009, I have had a terrible cold for one week and its going into my sinus's now. Casey took me to a BYU basketball game on the 3rd so we got a babysitter and away we went. I haven't been to a b-ball game there for a long time. We were on the top row and it was an oven. The game was fun to watch but when it was over I couldn't run for the door fast enough. We couldn't wait to get out in the cold. When we got home at around 9:30pm Shelby was the only one of our kids in bed asleep. Kolby had thrown up in bed and the babysitter had him watching a movie and for some reason had Cooper on own bed trying to get him to go to sleep. I felt bad for the poor sitter & for our extremely tired kids. Cas and Shelby went to church the next day but the rest of us stayed home sick. Then Monday I kept Kolby home from school. I called my OB and asked them to perscribe me a perscription for my sinus infection and she told me that I have to have the infection for 2 weeks and just keep taking sudefead or tylenol and to do the netty pot. At this point I already wasn't sleeping the medicine made me sick and to hear I had to be like that another week and Casey was going away to Tennesse for business for 3 days, I started crying. The nurse said oh, honey you aren't getting any sleep, I said while blubbering,"I'm just fine goodbye." That night was the worst night ever, I don't think I have ever been that sick before. The infection went into my ears and I was fevering. I spent the night on the bathroom floor sicker then a dog. Though I told Casey I would be fine and he should go on this trip he refused and at 5am went to meet the others to tell them he wasn't going and when he got back I said I don't care where I go but I need to go to the Doctor now. We called the kids Ears Doc. @ 6am, he told us to go in and he would send someone in b/c he was in surgery that day. He said my ears was obviously infected and swollen, with several perscriptions in hand we left the office. And for the rest of the day I was completely out of it. I said I was dillusional & Casey says stoned. I'm finally feeling better but I still can't fully hear b/c they couldn't give me all the perscribtions they would normally since I'm pregnant he said the swelling would take longer to go down. So my ear just feels plugged on one side mostly. Thanks to Casey me and the kids are alive to tell about it. He truely is my hero for several days he stayed by my side and nursed me back to health and took care of sick kids too. He's simply amazing.

1 comment:

Brownie Bites said...

Glad you're starting to feel a little bit better. A stoned pregnant woman. Hope that never happens again for you.