Wow, It has been too long since I have posted, I keep saying I will do it, but then something else comes up!
December 9th
After shopping on line for many days, I realized that shoping online is not my thing and I decided to go to Cabela's myself-at least that was the plan until Casey had to come a long and pick up a gun that he had ordered. He knew I am getting him a gun safe for Christmas, but he didn't know which one, until he crashed my Cabela's party. I was so excited though because I wheeled and dealed with the sales person and manager and got the safe for 10% less than the sales price. Somebody stop me!!
Thanksgiving 2008
Over Thanksgiving we made the trip to Idaho once again to celebrate the holiday with Casey's side of the family this year. We had a lot of fun and ate way to much (which is easy to do especially when we had almost as many pies as people!) With Casey's family over the weekend we payed cards, shot guns, shot bows and arrows, and watched movies. On black Friday, I had my traditional early morning shopping trip with my sister and Mom (for part of the time). We started out at 4:30 in the morning and went to Walmart in Burley, and then on to Twin Falls were I found quite a few good deals, but not as many as years past, but that did not hold me back from spending more than I should have!! It's alright, it only happens one a year and it's only money!!
After shopping we went to my Dad's house where he had his mechanical bull set up in his shop for the kids, ha ha (although you should see Casey on that thing he should have been a cowboy, or maybe not. Ye Haw!!)

When we had had enough of the bull we headed back to the Bradshaw's where it was hot chocolate and donuts as if the calories from Thanksgiving weren't enough, yum yum. Saturday we visited Lisa so our kids could play with their cousins, after that Casey and I went on a date and saw the new James Bond movie. We told everyone that we were going to go and "bond", Lisa piped up and said aren't you already pregnant?! We had to clear that up real quick and let them know it was only a movie! This weekend we also told everyone the news that we are expecting our forth baby in July! After the movie we went and visited my Mom. Sunday after church we met my Dad and headed up to the mountains for the annual cutting of the Christmas tree. This is a fun tradition for our family to cut our own tree, the kids like hiking all over the mountains looking for the perfect one.
For family home evening the other night we had a lesson on helping thoughs less fortunate and we asked Kolby and Shelby if they would be willing to pick one of their presents to give to someone who didn't have anything. I told Kolby to be thinking about it and it was pretty obvious he was having a hard time with the thought of giving up one of his presents. Shelby on the other had was just like "ya sure". After a little thought, Kolby piped up and snapped his fingers and said, "I know, lets turn our garage into Santa's workshop and make them a present." We said that was a good idea, but after a few visual aids he began to understand that he was still going to get some presents, it was just one present we were asking him to give away.
November 8th 2008-Dad and son outing
Casey took Kolby to the BYU football game today to see BYU win over San Diego State. It was fun for them to spend some time together. They got hot dogs, some candy, and Casey even got Kolby a big foam cougar claw to waive around. I think we have just started a new tradition!
Right after the game we took an emergency trip to Idaho to see Casey's Grandpa Bradshaw who is not doing good. He has heart troubles and the doctors have given him a few weeks to maybe a month to live. As of this date (December 10th) he is still with us, but is not expected to make it to Christmas. We were able to go and talk with him and Grandma and Uncle Terry who was there helping. He had definitely taken a turn for the worse compared to when we saw him last, but he has not been in good health for a long time and is ready to be done with his suffering. It is sad to see our parents and grandparents getting older, but that is just a part of life!
Halloween 2008
What kind of Mom would schedule a dental appointment for a 3 year old where she would have to be sedated to have 6 cavities fixed on Halloween morning. I'll tell you who, ME!! Although it sounds cruel, the doctors assured me that she would be fine by that night and they were right.
She was able to walk and run all over the neighborhood (even in the rain) with a bag of candy so she can gear up for her next dental appointment! The night was fun, we started out with our tradition of bread soup bowls with homemade chili and then went trick or treating all over our neighborhood. We even were able to stop at Casey's favorite house, the Perry's for some homemade donuts!
December 9th
After shopping on line for many days, I realized that shoping online is not my thing and I decided to go to Cabela's myself-at least that was the plan until Casey had to come a long and pick up a gun that he had ordered. He knew I am getting him a gun safe for Christmas, but he didn't know which one, until he crashed my Cabela's party. I was so excited though because I wheeled and dealed with the sales person and manager and got the safe for 10% less than the sales price. Somebody stop me!!
Thanksgiving 2008
Over Thanksgiving we made the trip to Idaho once again to celebrate the holiday with Casey's side of the family this year. We had a lot of fun and ate way to much (which is easy to do especially when we had almost as many pies as people!) With Casey's family over the weekend we payed cards, shot guns, shot bows and arrows, and watched movies. On black Friday, I had my traditional early morning shopping trip with my sister and Mom (for part of the time). We started out at 4:30 in the morning and went to Walmart in Burley, and then on to Twin Falls were I found quite a few good deals, but not as many as years past, but that did not hold me back from spending more than I should have!! It's alright, it only happens one a year and it's only money!!
After shopping we went to my Dad's house where he had his mechanical bull set up in his shop for the kids, ha ha (although you should see Casey on that thing he should have been a cowboy, or maybe not. Ye Haw!!)
When we had had enough of the bull we headed back to the Bradshaw's where it was hot chocolate and donuts as if the calories from Thanksgiving weren't enough, yum yum. Saturday we visited Lisa so our kids could play with their cousins, after that Casey and I went on a date and saw the new James Bond movie. We told everyone that we were going to go and "bond", Lisa piped up and said aren't you already pregnant?! We had to clear that up real quick and let them know it was only a movie! This weekend we also told everyone the news that we are expecting our forth baby in July! After the movie we went and visited my Mom. Sunday after church we met my Dad and headed up to the mountains for the annual cutting of the Christmas tree. This is a fun tradition for our family to cut our own tree, the kids like hiking all over the mountains looking for the perfect one.
For family home evening the other night we had a lesson on helping thoughs less fortunate and we asked Kolby and Shelby if they would be willing to pick one of their presents to give to someone who didn't have anything. I told Kolby to be thinking about it and it was pretty obvious he was having a hard time with the thought of giving up one of his presents. Shelby on the other had was just like "ya sure". After a little thought, Kolby piped up and snapped his fingers and said, "I know, lets turn our garage into Santa's workshop and make them a present." We said that was a good idea, but after a few visual aids he began to understand that he was still going to get some presents, it was just one present we were asking him to give away.
November 8th 2008-Dad and son outing
Casey took Kolby to the BYU football game today to see BYU win over San Diego State. It was fun for them to spend some time together. They got hot dogs, some candy, and Casey even got Kolby a big foam cougar claw to waive around. I think we have just started a new tradition!
Right after the game we took an emergency trip to Idaho to see Casey's Grandpa Bradshaw who is not doing good. He has heart troubles and the doctors have given him a few weeks to maybe a month to live. As of this date (December 10th) he is still with us, but is not expected to make it to Christmas. We were able to go and talk with him and Grandma and Uncle Terry who was there helping. He had definitely taken a turn for the worse compared to when we saw him last, but he has not been in good health for a long time and is ready to be done with his suffering. It is sad to see our parents and grandparents getting older, but that is just a part of life!
Halloween 2008
What kind of Mom would schedule a dental appointment for a 3 year old where she would have to be sedated to have 6 cavities fixed on Halloween morning. I'll tell you who, ME!! Although it sounds cruel, the doctors assured me that she would be fine by that night and they were right.
2 comments:
Congratulations! We hadn't heard that you're expecting :) Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. I can't believe you went shopping on Black Friday (you're CRAZY!!)
Congrats you!!! we're still gearing up to tackle a #3. One of these days. . . sounds like you guys are doing great! We'll be in the neighborhood around Christmas, maybe I'll see you at Walmart ;) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment