Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Legacy lives on

I think the last post was about our camping trip to Yellowstone & Island Park which was a blast. So I will pick up from there. Casey's brother Richard got married to Caitlin in the Logan temple Aug.16,2008. We had a night off because of my dad took the kids for us for a few hours & then my mom took them over night. Ahhh, there's nothing like a night off. My mom even took them swimming without swim suits & informed me later she was kicked out of the pool because Cooper didn't have on a swim diaper. Oh well, kids had a ball on their sleep over with grandma.
Then the next weekend Aug.23,2008, we zoomed once more to Rupert for the Twin Falls Temple dedication. That was fun, we've never been in the temple when it has been dedicated.

Aug.29, 2008. Then a few days after that Casey & I celebrated our 8 anniversary. We didn't do anything that night b/c Cooper was sick but we went to dinner & a play (Oklahoma) @ Thanksgiving Point. We both really enjoyed that & each others company, it has been a great 8 years & we are looking forward to many, many more.

Aug.30-Sept.1, 2008 We stayed put for Labor day weekend and we were ecstatic about that b/c we have been going so much it felt good to be home. We were going to take the kids on a little hike but the weather had other plans. It rained on and off pretty much all day. So instead they put on there rain boots & slickers and went around to neighbors distributing flyer's for our annual Dutch oven dinner in our back yard. Which was Sat. September 6. We had a lot off fun w/ friends & neighbors and Yummy food. Of coarse my cherry cobbler was voted #1 of the dutch oven desserts (so what if it was the only dutch oven dessert.)

SEPT.6, 2008 My brother Clint & I took off right after the party to go to Rupert because our grandma Garner wasn't doing very well and they didn't think she would live very much longer. So my little bro & i set off without spouses or children. Might I add this was the 1st night Casey has been alone w/ the kids w/out me since they were born (minus hospital stay while having another baby). It was awesome & especially b/c being with my bro. it was like going back in time. We turned up the radio, laughed, & even missed our exit to my dads house. We got there and my sister in laws face was plastered to the window & seconds later my dad was out in the yard b/c she thought we were drunk drivers. When it was time for sleep we all piled in the room were my older brother Justin proceeded to tell us as he was falling to sleep that he was hot & he couldn't help it, and my sister Gwen forgot how to stay on her side of the bed & stayed up talking to me tell way in the morning hours. Justin was our alarm clock & stunk us out of our beds. Clint and I hurried got ready & headed over to see grandma. When we got there grandma looked good & her mind was sharp. I guess the cancer didn't get everything. We walked in and immediately she said oh hi Tracy & Clint. Then she looked at me asked about me family & then Clint asked about his job search. We laughed as she told us a joke, then she confessed to Clint how bad she had felt when he was over for a visit once & she didn't have any goodies for him. She said she didn' t know what was taking Grandpa so damn long to come and get her. It was a great visit we had with Gram's for about one hr. then hospice came to bathe her so we went downstairs & about 15 min. later she passed. Either she was waiting for us or Grandpa must have heard her and decided he better listen to her plea or he would hear about it later. The viewing & funeral was Wed./Thurs. Sept. 10-11. It was a good service & was good seeing all my cousins, aunts & uncles. My sister in law, Jennete, had her baby boy on Tues. and all was well with them. Also throwing on more event in Kolby lost his 1st tooth on Sept. 10 right before bed while eating a peach. I have to say it was hard for me to go into my grandparents home and as instructed remove any gifts & pictures we gave to them. That was my second home & it was hard to see it all change so abruptly.
Grandma taught me a lot, she was an amazing homemaker. She taught me how to quilt though I will never will quilt like her. She taught me how to make hand dipped chocolates. She was an awesome canner and baker. She was very supportive and attend all my recitals & sports events that i can remember. She loved the out doors, fishing, camping, genealogy and her testimony was strong. And i will never forget once as a teenager she was out at our house one summer afternoon we were out in our shed working and grandma torn a nail and i was trying to repair it and my dad and I weren't seeing eye to eye on something that he said I couldn't do or go & of coarse I wanted to, anyhow Grandma said to my dad, "Oh, Ivan lay off of her she's a good kid, I remember someone that was a lot worse". I'll never forget that. There are many more memories i have of my Grandma Cherril Garner. I hope that I can be like her & I will continue to strive for that goal. She has big shoes to fill & it will be harder without her over my shoulder checking on my work but she was a good teacher so hopefully her legacy will live on threw me.

Sept.13 Casey & I went to the BYU/UNLV game, what a fun game & Casey totally called it, he said BYU was going to kill them. The end score of the game was BYU 59-UNLV 0. It was great weather maybe even to hot, especially with water $2.50 a bottle. Casey was so excited to go he went and bought us BYU shirts. He said the blue i was wearing wasn't the right color of blue. Now I'm ready.... GO COUGARS!

SEPT.14, 2008 Kolby lost another tooth. He is so excited that the tooth fairy came and now he has a chance to get more money. He is so cute b/c he can't talk quite right. Today Shelby was mad and didn't like what Casey was saying to her and said," dad, i JUST want a baby sitter!"
We had a good day we watched Lion King as a family, then went outside and played freeze tag! Kolby is pretty fast. We have fun kids.

1 comment:

Brownie Bites said...

You have been so busy. Sorry to hear about your G'ma. Are you going to slow down before the holidays or just hit them head on?